Mediterranean Octopus with Lemon Flavour
- 1 octopus
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 20g of thyme
- 50 cl of white wine
- 10 fresh black olives
- 20 small cherry tomatoes
- 4 drops of lemon flavouring
- Clean the octopus, and remove all the skin, this may sound difficult but it is not.
- Cut off the head, empty the inside, then remove the skin (by pulling well on it) from the tentacles and the head, and cut it into small pieces.
- Cut the garlic clove into small cubes.
- Stone the fresh olives and cut them in half.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Fry the garlic and the octopus.
- It should blanch in olive oil.
- Add the white wine, thyme, tomatoes, lemon flavouring and olives and simmer over a medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes (keep an eye on the cooking time, it must be tender).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Flavours used in this recipe :